Now this tractor warrants his own Blog!!!
Dusty may think he turned me green but Ballakelly will always be red at heart!
Please welcome ‘Billy’ the tractor to social media– International B250
Billy he has been part of the Ballakelly team for a lot longer than me!
As the name implies this was my Dad’s first tractor, so it is very special to me, but to tractor geeks it is special too!
This is the only tractor in my fleet which is increasing in value!
Cool facts about Billy
- DOB 22 June 1956 – you can see from the delivery note
- Machine serial number and the engine serial number are identical
- He was hand assembled in the first week of production
- He was part of the Smithfield Show – when they revealed the new machine
- The exhaust is underhung
- VMN 9 reg was dad’s first vehicle registered in his name
- Restored with all its original features
I have been restoring this tractor since I lost my dad, I wish he could see it now in all its forma glory but in the words of his grandson H Boss
‘Dad can we go on the tractor’
I tried to get him into the new shiny green one but
‘No No No Dad the real tractor – I show you ‘
H walked me into the machinery shed and pointed at Billy B250
‘That’s the real tractor!’
The photos of the Harvester Round – Feature Billy – yep not only do I own a tractor like the one in the magazine – it is the one in the Magazine!
Billy on Billy but with who? No one can work our who the boy is so if you know please let us know!
Magazine B250 was featured in
Here he is at Smithfield Show!!! Never mind owning one like the one in the magazine but the actual one!!!!
At the show
All over magazine
This was the tractor to have
Billy now looks like he did on show day!!!